- August 11, 2015New Naming Rights Agreement For Canada’s Largest Exhibition and Convention Facility For Immediate Release…Toronto, ON August 11, 2015 Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre is now named “Enercare Centre” (formerly Direct Energy Centre).
- December 01, 2014For Immediate Release…Toronto, ON December 1, 2014 – The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) on Nov 12, 2014, announced that the Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place has been awarded LEED® Gold Certification for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance. The Enercare Centre is one of the first convention centres in Canada to receive this distinction by the CaGBC.
- February 07, 2014For Immediate release….Toronto – February 7, 2014 – Arlene Campbell, General Manager, Sales and Events of Enercare Centre was inducted into Canada’s Exposition Management Hall of Fame last night at the annual Canadian Association of Exhibition Management (CAEM) awards gala ‘Celebrating the Stars of the Show’.
- October 04, 2013For Immediate release….Toronto – October 4, 2013 ‐ Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place has been selected to host the 2016 NBA Jam Session! The NBA Jam Session is a feature of NBA All‐Star week 2016. This four‐day experience will transform the Centre into the world’s largest interactive basketball theme park. With nonstop NBA All‐Star entertainment for kids and families, Jam Session gives fans the chance to experience the NBA like never before and gain unique and up‐close access to NBA and WNBA players and legends.
- September 03, 2013September 3, 2013 (Toronto, ON) – Focused on fresh, high-end cuisine to satisfy any palate, Ovations Food Services selected Dilup A. Attygalla as the new Executive Chef at the Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre. Ovations Food Services, a nationally ranked specialist in food and beverage catering and concessions for public assembly facilities, began operations at the Enercare Centre in mid-July.
- July 30, 2013For Immediate release….Toronto- July 30, 2013 – Enercare Centre has successfully secured a 5- year agreement with The Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association Show (CRFA)-- the premiere event for Canada’s vibrant hospitality industry. The CRFA Show occurs annually each March.
- March 04, 2013The Motorcycle Show changes its location to Enercare Centre For Immediate release….Toronto – March 4, 2013 – Enercare Centre has successfully secured The Motorcycle Show - Toronto for a five-year agreement commencing in 2014. Organized by Power Sport Services (PSS), Ontario’s largest motorcycle manufacturers’ show, at over 200,000 square feet, “The Motorcycle Show – Toronto” is moving both the location and date pattern of its next Toronto show to the Enercare Centre throughout the weekend of February 21 to February 23, 2014.
- January 31, 2013For Immediate Release…Toronto, ON, Jan 31, 2013 –Exhibition Place is proud to announce that The Green Building Institute (GBCI) has issued Mark Goss, General Manager of Operations a LEED Green Associate Certificate. Exhibition Place includes the award winning LEED Silver Allstream Centre and Enercare Centre exhibition and convention centre complex.
- June 04, 2012For Immediate Release…TORONTO, ON - June 4, 2012 – Enercare Centre recently launched its first electric vehicle charging station located in the underground parking garage of the Centre. It is the first of its kind at Exhibition Place and is a welcome addition to the GREENSmart program implemented in 2004.
- May 18, 2012Volleyball Canada will host 45,000 in Toronto for 2012 Championships For Immediate release….Toronto – May 18, 2012 – Enercare Centre is pleased to welcome Volleyball Canada for the 2012 Canadian Open Volleyball Championships, operating between May 17 – 22nd. With over 45,000 athletes, coaches, officials, organizers, volunteers and spectators in attendance, the 2012 Canadian Open Volleyball Championship promises to deliver exciting and intense competition.
- May 02, 2011The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) of Toronto has honoured the Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place with the 2011 BOMA Certificate of Building & Management Excellence and the 2011 Office Building of the Year (TOBY) Award “Public Assembly Facility”.
- September 24, 2010Today, Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon (STWM) kicked-off Marathon weekend with the lighting of Greece’s Official Marathon Flame at Enercare Centre. This year marks the historic 2,500th anniversary of the first-ever marathon run by Pheidippides in 490AD and this year’s event is set to attract more than 20,000 runners from over 40 countries. The torch relay was run from Nathan Philips Square to the Princes’ Gates at Exhibition Place with the final leg run by his Worship Mayor David Miller.
- May 06, 2010For Immediate Release…Toronto, ON, May 6, 2010 – UFI, the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry, has announced Enercare Centre as the winner of its annual Operations Award. The finalists were selected from venues across the globe which provided hands on solutions to key industry issues in the fields of information technology and customer relations management.
- March 22, 2010The organizers of Canada Blooms announced a 20% increase in attendance for the 2010 show with over 90,000 attendees relocated to Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place.
- September 09, 2009“Just-in-time” delivery is key to servicing the foodservice industry
- April 09, 2009Enercare Centre, Canada's largest Exhibition and Convention Centre has just closed a successful first quarter. With popular shows experiencing increased attendance and exhibitors selling more on tradeshow floors, the first quarter at Enercare Centre has been positive during a tough economic climate.
- September 01, 2008Convention centers and destinations are going green at a far faster rate than the events they host. Often, this is due to green policies mandated by their city or state. For example, Houston, Dallas, San Diego and Austin are all within the EPS'a "Top 10 local government green power purchasers." But the rise in green facilities also gives rise to green facility claims. At times, it's like the Wild West out there, with green press releases and announcements made daily. Without industry standards, however, who's to say what constitutes "green"?