• Less
  • Normal
  • More

Getting Here


Toronto is served by two airports:

Pearson International Airport, managed by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority is Canada’s principal airport with travel connections to every continent and ranks among the top 30 world airports in terms of passenger traffic and aircraft movements. There are over 76 scheduled and charter airlines currently serving Toronto Pearson International Airport. Air carriers provide non-stop service to 26 Canadian and 42 United States (transborder) destinations and same-plane service to 56 other International cities.

Toronto City Centre Airport is one of the most convenient urban airports in the world, situated just minutes from Exhibition Place in downtown Toronto.  Porter Airlines is the regional passenger carrier based at Toronto City Centre Airport. The airline currently serves Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston (Logan), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que. All Porter passengers have access to a modern, comfortable and stylish lounge, including wireless Internet access, refreshments, and computer workstations.


Several highways, including Highways 2, 401, 407 and the Queen Elizabeth Way, link surrounding cities to Toronto. Nearest Canada-U.S. border crossings are at Niagara Falls, Fort Erie and Windsor.


VIA Rail and AMTRAK bring visitors into the heart of the city each day. Toronto's Union Station is centrally located downtown and connects to the subway by underground tunnel.

Customs and Borders

Canada has one of the most advanced customs organizations in the world, and our borders and the processes we have in place to manage them are critical to our ability to provide Canadians and visitors to Canada with the security and opportunity they expect. Visitors entering Canada must clear Canada Customs border security upon entry.

Entry to Canada

American visitors travelling by air require a valid passport to re-enter the United States.


U.S. citizens entering Canada by car or rail who plan to return to the U.S. prior to June 1, 2009 do not need to show a passport, but a government-issued ID with photo, such as a driver’s license, and proof of citizenship is required. As of June 1 2009, all individuals will be required to hold a valid passport to enter/re-enter the United States For more information on travel security and border procedures, visit the U.S. Department of State.

International Visitors

For specific information on travel documents required to visit Canada from countries other than the U.S., please refer to www.cbsa.gc.ca and www.cic.gc.ca